An IP address is the means by which computers are identified over the internet or over a network, an IP address acquired by a network adapter that is normally fitted into the computer motherboard. A computer requires establishing an IP address in order to gain access to a network or internet.
The Netgear router provides WI-FI features to a computer that has no internal Wi-Fi device. This router is used to connect to the internet and other home networks that a computer may be configured to work in. Netgear routers are designed for easy use. The compact designs of the routers can be seen in the various models manufactured by Netgear. With each model, the Netgear IP address can be found in the user’s manual.
The Netgear default IP address is 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 depending on the model. Alternatively, http://routerlogin.com can be used to login to the Netgear router.
The user can access the control panel of a Netgear router by following a few instructions and using the Netgear default IP address:
- Connect the Netgear router using the network Ethernet cable to the computer.
- Switch on the computer and log in using an administrators account.
- The user should then set up the network address and edit the network properties so as to obtain the Netgear router address automatically.
- The next step should be to start the preffered web browser, though it is advisable to use the default web browser. The user can choose between Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or any other browser.
- The user should then type in the router’s IP address in the address bar and press Enter to access the Netgear router’s homepage. Most browsers input the hypertext protocol part before you type anything, but it is not necessary to type it in.
- Once the user has entered the default username and password for their router model, they will gain access to the router’s control panel.