An IP address is the means by which computers are identified over the internet or over a network, an IP address acquired by means of a network adapter that is normally fitted into the computers motherboards. A computer requires establishing an IP address in order to gain access to a network or internet.
The Netgear router provides WI-FI features to a computer that has no internal WI-FI device. This router is used as a means to connect to the internet and other home networks that a computer may be configured to work in. Netgear routers are designed for easy use. The compact designs of the routers can be seen in the various models that net gear has manufactured. With each model of the net gear router the Netgear IP address of each router can be found in the user’s manual.
One can access the control panel of a net gear’s router by following a few instructions and using the Netgear IP address;
• Connect the Netgear router using the network patch cable to the computer.
• Switch on the computer and log in using an administrators account.
• One should then set up the network address and edit the network properties so as to obtain the net gear routers address automatically.
• The next step should be to run ones choice of a web browser though it is advisable to use the default web browser one can choose between internet explorer, Mozilla Firefox and any other browser.
• One should then type in the router’s IP address in the address bar and press enter to access the net gear router’s homepage. Most browsers input the hypertext protocol part before one types anything such that it is not necessary to type it in. however for those browsers which don’t one should input the whole address; http://192.168.0.1/ which is the Netgear IP address.
• Once one has entered the username and password, for first time users the username and passwords are default. And that gives access to the router’s control panel.